NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP PROMOTIOM SCHEME
Government of India
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Directorate General of Training
Become a leader of your Industry
In the ever-growing world of industrialization, DMCFS in association with NAPS has curated opportunities that pave a wider path for the youth to flourish in their careers.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is introduced by GOI with a vision of providing apprenticeship training to 50 lakh youngsters. NAPS is a platform that shapes every trainee into a trained employee.
DMCFS is an authorized Third Party Aggregator (TPA). Through TPAs GOI intends to take this novel initiative of providing dynamic professional training to every individual who aspires to be a part of the world of industrialization.
Benefits of NAPS
- GOI reimburses by sharing 25% of prescribed stipend subject to a maximum of Rs. 1500 per month per apprentice.
- It assists every fresher’s initial training by contributing a maximum sum of Rs. 7500.
Our Role as TPA
- To arrange the basic training through Basic Training Providers for fresher apprentices (apprentices who come directly to undertake apprenticeship training without any formal training) in case employer outsources basic training.
- To select establishments for an apprentice by studying the infrastructure facilities available for on-the-job/ practical training with individual employer such that combined facilities available with above establishments meets the requirement of prescribed curriculum of the trade. To organize on-the-job / practical training for apprentices in selected establishments in coordination with employers.
- To submit contract of apprenticeship on the apprenticeship portal on behalf of the employer for registration by Apprenticeship Adviser.
- To furnish all the returns on the portal-site on behalf of the employer.
- On behalf of employer submit the reimbursement claims towards stipend to employers and also submit the claims of basic training cost in case employer is basic training provider under NAPS.
- To comply with formalities required for trade apprentices for appearing All India Trade Tests for Apprentices as and when required.
- Agriculture and Allied Services
- Bamboo Jute and Green Technology
- Banking Financial Service and Insurance
- Capital Goods
- Coating and Painting
- Domestic Workers
- Life Science
- Health-care and Wellness
- Iron & Steel
- Mining and Minerals
- Production and Manufacturing
- Services including Repair and Maintenance
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Retail and Logistics
- Soft Skills and Entrepreneurship
- Textile and Hand-looms
- Electrical (Including New and Renewable Energy)
- Entertainment and Media
- Gems and Jewellery
- Furniture and Fittings
- IT and ITES
- Food Processing and Preservation
- Industrial Automation and Instrumentation
- Plumbing and Sanitation Technology
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EMPLOYERS
- Enter into contract of apprenticeship with fresh apprentices
- Uploading of apprenticeship contract on portal-site
- Arrange / provide of basic training to fresher apprentice.
- Provide on-the-job training/practical training at his workplace to apprentice engaged by him.
- Payment of prescribed stipend to apprentices
- Payment of compensation in case personal injury is caused to an apprentice, by an accident during training