B. Voc. Course
What is the B. Voc. course?
B. Voc stands for Bachelor of Vocation. This is a 3-year "Undergraduate Degree Course" that includes a wide range of specializations to choose from. This course is focused on making the students “Ready to Work” for different industries enhancing their employability
- Under "National Skill Qualification Programme of University Grants Commission, New Delhi", the "New-generation B.Voc. Courses" based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) approved by AICTE are offered to address the critical knowledge and skill-sets required to make the candidate “Industry Ready” and also shape “Young-entrepreneurs”in the relevant sectors.
- The Skill-Development component will provide students with appropriate domain based skill, knowledge, practice and professional attitude, so as to become work ready. The General Component which is about 40% of the total curriculum gives adequate emphasis to current affairs, languages and communication skills. The "New Generation" B.Voc. Courses which are based on contemporary curricula, therefore, provide a new direction and thrust to "Skill development" in the various sectors which operate in a globally competitive environment.
The course duration is "Three Years". Each academic year is divided into "Two Semesters." Each semester is "Six months long."
Since it is an "Undergraduate Level Course", students who have passed "12th class" are eligible to pursue this course. Eligibility criteria may vary from one B.Voc. course to another.
ENTRY AND EXIT OPTIONS
B.Voc. program offers multiple entry and exit options. There exists attractive entry options for Diploma holders, ITI holders and applicants with Technical Knowledge and work experience.
The program offers three exit options as follows,–
- Diploma after completing one year
- Advanced Diploma after completing two years
- Bachelor’s Degree after completing three years
What After B. Voc. ?
After completing B.Voc., graduates have two options available in front of them –
- Take up Employment or
- Go for Higher Studies.
Talking about higher studies, B.Voc. graduates may pursue "M.Voc. program." M.Voc. stands for "Master of Vocation."