TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
An Institute Reforming Individuals.
Formerly known as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Workshop, TISS (The Tata Institute of Social Sciences) has embarked its journey in 1936 of unfolding socially just, par excellence and constantly evolving education. In 1964 as it was recognized as a Deemed University by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India, it opened even more branches wherein it explored "Practical and Professional Education."
As TISS grew into a wholesome tree, another branch, namely "School of Vocational Education (SVE)," bloomed in 2011. With the strong vision of providing "Work Integrated Training Programs (WITP)" in every field and for every aspiring individual SVE is flourishing.
What is Bachelor of Vocation?
TISS-SVE offers a course flexible enough that imparts knowledge and manifests you as a professional worker through certification of your choice.
It has 3 individual levels in the course.
- Advanced Diploma &
- Bachelor of Vocation degree
Student eligibility criteria for B.VOC.
- HSC / equivalent OR
- SSC 2years of ITI
- Diploma Holders
What is Short Term & Skill Enhancement Programme?
These programs are for graduates and professionals alike to enhance their already acquired skills in order to be upgraded with the ever-changing working styles and technology in the industries. Accordingly earning capabilities are also raised. The term of these courses range from a few weeks to a year.
What are the benefits of training program?
- This initiative provides equal opportunity to the dropped out students as well as HSC passed out students too.
- Trainees will undergo 12 hours of theoretical training per week and complete practical training when on-the-job.
- Skill Knowledge Providers (SKP) provides practical training based on the standard learning outcomes.
- Industries that employ part-time, temporary and seasonal workforce can enroll them in TISS-SVE for various internships and skill enhancement opportunities.
- B. Voc. Programmes
- Certificate , Diploma & Adv. Diploma Programmes:
- Short Term Certificate Courses
Being a training hub partner of TISS-SVE, DMCFS is striving effortlessly to make education more employable oriented and bring recognizable change in the living standards of blue collar workforce.
DMCFS provides training in two verticals
- Industrial Tool Manufacturing and